The article examines the relationship of religion and knowledge as the main elements of the conception of Theophan Prokopovych. We consider the theory of innate ideas as one of the leading explanations for knowledge in modern philosophy. The article focuses on the cognitive activity of man and Theophan Prokopovych’s understanding of it. The text compares the views of Prokopovych and Lock to sources of human knowledge and demonstrates that innate idea of God is not common to both thinkers. Proved that philosophers were in common philosophical context, so that they have common views on the nature of human knowledge. In addition, made evident differences in the views of philosophers associated with the interpretation of true knowledge and its importance to humans. Found that truth of knowledge is important for Theophan Prokopovych because it is directly linked with the true faith of man. As a result, the necessity to consider the philosophical views of a thinker in the context of European philosophy is soundly.
2. Husyev V.I. Zakhidna filosofiya Novoho chasu. KHVII–KHVIII st.: Pidruchnyk. – K.: Lybidʹ, 1988.
3. Ydeynye svyazy prohressyvnykh myslyteley brat•skykh narodov: XVII–XVIII vv. – K.: Naukova dumka, 1978. – 190 s.
4. Samaryn YU.F. Stefan Yavorskyy y Feofan Prokopovych kak propovednyky. – M., 1844.
5. Stratyy YA.M., Lytvynov V.D., Andrushko V.A. Opysanye kursov fylosofyy y rytoryky professorov Kyevo-Mohylyanskoy akademyy. – K.: Naukova dumka, 1982. – 349.
6. Chistovich I. Feofan Prokopovich i yego vremya. – SPb., 1868. – 577 s.
7. Feofan [Prokopovich]. Rassuzhdeniye o bezbozhii. – M., 1774.
8. Feofan Prokopovich. Fílosofs'kí tvori v tr'okh tomakh. – K., 1979. – T. 2. – 552 s.
9. Locke John. Works, Vol 1. – London: Taylor, 1722.